- Free to Be A Kid – local group of the hand-me-down network every family should be a part of. They meet once monthly for a clothes and items exchange, newborn to toddler sizes.
- Hope’s Closet – they have recently taken over the former Jellibeanz space at 2557 Soquel Dr and now operate a children’s thrift store to help fund their mission
- Santa Cruz Babywearing – local library of babywearing gear and expert assistance in safe use
- Earth Baby – compostable diaper delivery service with some newborn care products (note: currently rebranding to ReDyper, and expanding their service area)
- Tiny Tots – compostable diaper delivery service
- Sweet Sleep by La Leche League International – an evidence based guide to safe bedsharing and cosleeping practices for maximum sleep. See their Safe Sleep Seven for a reference.
- The Baby Book, 3rd ed., by Drs Sears and Sears RN – a solid reference to consult before asking Dr Google
- Playbies – free app with simple songs and finger games to help brain development
- Help a Mama Out – local group of hand-me-down network, individual meetups for items only.
- SIDS Program – information and support to reduce your risk from Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency
- Grief, Loss, and SIDS Resource List – pdf from Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency for when the worst happens
Pomegranate Birth Companion 2021. All Rights Reserved.